Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

You Complete Me

As an extension of Friday's post-pageant post, I'm giving attention to those who are the reason I walk away from an era of my life with such optimism. 

To my family:
Mom, Dad, Mamaw, Papaw, & Landon

Thank you for lovin' me unconditionally, through my stubbornness and all. Thanks for giving me the tools (and the toolbox) to accomplish my long and ever-growing list of goals. For all the things you "made" me do, I am finally at the "you'll thank me someday" stage. You can sigh with relief now! Thank you for paving the way to adulthood with love and laughter (mostly at Dad) and lots and lots of good music. 




To my second family: The Bennetts
Joel, Suzanne, Hannah, Daniel, Lydia, & Harper

Thank you for creating Team KileY! You have played so many roles in my life in the past three years, I can only imagine how many more adventures we will all go on together. Of all the things I can now do, I'm excited to be able to eat Joel's delicious cooking whenever he offers it! Thanks for taking me in and making me an honorary member of your amazing family. I wave the Bennett flag loud and proud!


To Wild, Wild Joey:

Joey, what else is there to say other than: I love you more than a horn toad loves sittin' out on his rock in the middle of the desert.

Mushy gushy just ain't our style.


To Natalie:

My birthday twin, my friend, and my source for all things sparkly! I know you've received countless thank you notes from me for various other things, but thank you AGAIN for your sponsorship of the famous "Kentucky necklaces." Myself and 31 other KY ladies wear them proudly! I continually rave about your products and your personality--both beautiful. My jewelry box and my heart are a little fuller now! (Had to say it.)



To Suellen: 

I made my bed just to take this photo! Thank you for the many, many years of life and music lessons taught from the rocking chair beside your piano. This blanket has been with me through thick and thin. It was the "fuzzy, music-themed" blanket I wrapped myself in backstage before my final performance onstage at Miss Kentucky. Thank you, thank you for your support and love beginning the moment I knocked on your door at age 15!



The Farmers:
Todd and Joni


You two have been such wonderful and valuable companions on my journey this year. Thank you for welcoming me into your home and joining my inner circle of trusted advisors. Your kindness is unmatched! While trying to take this photograph, it seems Belle loves this gift as much as I do. This sassy lady and her piano will have a special place in my next home--wherever that is. Thank you so much for helping in my personal and musical growth this year.


To my Bluegrass Princess, Reese:

You've been on the Miss Kentucky stage as many times as I have! Thank you for adding excitement and sass to the evening gown portion of my life :) You don't know it, but you have made a bigger impact on me than you could ever imagine. Let's do lunch sometime, girlfriend! I've got to hear all about that 6th grade life.


The absolute BEST gift ever!

Last but not least...

These girls:
Laura, Sam, Evie, & Val 

You're the most patient, understanding, funny, and loyal friends anyone could ask for. You encourage me to do my thing and that is what makes you so great...aside from all the things I just mentioned. Here's to more picture collages, secret santa parties, doritos, weddings, babies, and all that other grown-up stuff I still can't believe we are about to experience. Braxton Lee Smith doesn't know he's getting 4 crazy aunts come September!




See y'all on Friday, when I talk about something that doesn't make me an emotional hot mess.



No comments:

Post a Comment