Pages

Friday, July 4, 2014

Thanks to this blog...


Happy 4th of July!!! I hope you had a fantastic week and all your wildest dreams came true. 

tried to bring y'all a gorgeous sunrise last Friday, but technology wasn't on my team. It is a rare occurrence that I should rise before the sun, but thanks to this blog, I have seen the sun rise two Fridays in a row. Maybe I'll make it a tradition? 

Probably not, but it is a lovely thought. 

Any who, here is proof of my good intentions between the hours of 5:00-6:00 am last Friday! 





BEAUTIFUL, amirite?

...........

This Friday, I'm celebrating America's Independence by packing my life away for Miss Kentucky week. If I paint my nails red, does that count? 


Between last minute preparation and packing, my mom and I caught some pictures of a really cool 4th of July event in Campbellsville: Hot Air Balloon Glow and Extravaganza. 

I read a book called The 21 Balloons in 6th grade. It is such a magical story that I have read and re-read this book as an adult more than once. Ever since the first reading at age 12, I have been fascinated by and terrified of hot air balloons. Last night and this morning I got a closer look at them, and...still fascinated. Still terrified. Shout out to Connie for snapping these pics!


Carrying Connie's camera bag while she does the work



All that was last night. This morning, BRIGHT AND EARLY, mom and I went back to Campbellsville to see the balloons lift off! 
Connie's lazy sidekick again






'MERICA







I should host a "caption this picture" contest...I"m sure you're all thinking what I'm thinking...

This was seriously a sight to see! I am glad I got to do something a little out of the ordinary, and especially glad my mom made sure I didn't sleep through this one. 

As I prepare to leave for Miss Kentucky week on Sunday, I can't say for sure whether you'll hear from me next Friday. But, I can say, one way or another, I"ll have something worth reading on Friday, July 18th. 

GOODBYE! See you soon!
....

May you all have a wonderful day and evening filled with patriotic activities, hot dogs, fireworks, and everything red, white, and blue in the greatest country in the world. I will do my best to make y'all proud this week! Say a little prayer for me on July 9th as I interview for a pretty special job. To stay updated, like the Miss Kentucky Pageant Facebook page



No comments:

Post a Comment