Pages

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

DIY Day: The Easiest Kentucky Project in the Universe

By now, most of us have jumped on the "Kentucky State Love" bandwagon. I'm certainly guilty--some would say I am drivin' the bus! Although I'm not exactly sure when the trend started, suddenly we're all drawing Kentucky on a canvas and sticking a heart over our hometown. (Hey, I did it too! Witness it here) What I'm trying to say is... state pride reached a new level. Personally, I have lived and loved every second of it. 
SO! If you're like me and constantly waving that Kentucky flag, allow me to introduce you to the EASIEST DIY Project in the UNIVERSE.

When I say this is easy, I mean, I found myself asking whether it was even necessary to make a tutorial when I could post a picture and every single one of you could figure out exactly how it was made. But, it was SO simple to make the tutorial, I went ahead and knocked myself out.

Enjoy!










There you have it!

Is that not the EASIEST DIY ever? Take it from someone who does a LOT of DIY'ing with a less than average success rate---YOU CANNOT MESS THIS UP!

What I love so much about this is that it isn't in-your-face. The patterns I chose to use are essentially big and little versions of each other, giving it a very "cohesive look." (LOL at my DIY language) But, by all means, make Kentucky stand out a little more with a solid color, contrasting colors, or a completely different print. I think it would be nearly impossible to go wrong here. 

100% of the materials I used were things I had at home already. That means this project cost me approximately $0.00. It doesn't get ANY better than that. 

In a refreshing and patriotic turn of events, I decided to do another version using the U.S. of A....and I kind of love it!


SEE Y'ALL ON FRIDAY!







2 comments:

  1. Cute craft idea! Love your nails, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Southern Gal! I like a lady who notices my nails :)

      Delete