Pages

Friday, May 16, 2014

Art in the Alley - Greensburg

Tomorrow, May 17th, marks the 10th anniversary of Greensburg's annual Art in the Alley celebration. Every May, vendors from across Kentucky (and sometimes Tennessee) set up in Greensburg's most "charming" alley and sell their own unique and handcrafted products of all kinds.

I absolutely adore the concept of Art in the Alley--I only wish it could happen more often! It's a chance to support locally owned and small businesses (my favorite types of business) and stock up on jewelry, scarves, paper goods, and countless other items you absolutely won't find in stores.

This year, I'm so excited to be attending as a vendor and not just a customer....although, I'll make sure I take some time to shop the other 40 vendors that will be there. KileyinKentucky will be there selling note cards and a few hand-painted prints to continue raising money for The Children's Miracle Network and Prayers for Paxton. My friend and fellow crafter, Audrey, is joining me at my booth to sell her fabric flower broaches and take donations for CMN and Prayers for Paxton as well.


This sign makes me feel so professional! Thank you to Signs Unlimited for making my logo look so darn spiffy.



As for my inventory, I'll be bringing my most popular note cards, the original floral print cards, with three different messages available.

                    "Thank you"                                "Thinking of you"        "You make my world happy"

 
I've had a lot of fun (and a little stress) with my hand-painted prints. My perfectionist side screamed "NO!" the whole time, but finally, I settled on three of my favorite designs. I'm still touching them up so they will be perfect for tomorrow (no procrastination here!), but I did snap a picture of the one I had the most fun with! Of course, it wouldn't be me if I didn't have some Kentucky-themed things available. You'll have to visit my booth to see those!




If you stop by Art in the Alley tomorrow, you'll get something of mine whether you like it or not! I was asked to draw a simple but sweet map of Downtown Greensburg to be passed out to out-of-towners detailing historical sights, restaurants, and shops within walking distance of the celebration. Here's a look!


I am headed off to get everything organized for tomorrow (and get a manicure...thanks mom!). I'm so excited to take part in tomorrow's celebration and raise some money. I hope to see all of your shining faces, even if you just stop by to say hi!

Keep an eye on Facebook and Instagram tomorrow for lots of pictures!





















No comments:

Post a Comment