Pages

Friday, April 18, 2014

Letters, Lists, Random 5 Friday

There's no other way to say it: Morale has been down on my end. Spring has sprung, but I've been in a funk. I am tired, my to-do list is analogous to the Universe ... never-ending and somehow growing every second, and my recent "vacation" threw my normal routine for a loop that I have yet to escape. My calendar is full and all I want is another break.

Just as I'm becoming frustrated with myself  for saying "yes" to so many commitments, I search through a notebook on my night-stand and come across a letter I wrote to myself in November. It was kind of, maybe, exactly what I needed to see.


This letter hit the nail on the head. 2013 Kiley was very intuitive of what 2014 Kiley would need to hear. I chose to share this with you because this letter names no names, and I think it's applicable to everyone, no matter what your current situation is.

Today, on Good Friday, I find myself focusing on that last part.

"Today I'm grateful for: A heater in my office."
This is definitely something cold-natured me would be thankful for in late November, but why did I feel the need to count my blessings that day, but have forgotten to do so 80% of days since? Was that heater the only thing good enough to wake me up to how fortunate I am? 

That inspired me to tweak my Friday To-Do List. This is a general map of a day in which I have surprisingly few things to do. But, I'm following it very diligently.


Hopefully my to-do lists will look a little more like this in the future.

Random 5 Friday

1. I didn't bring a jacket to work today. I MAY have had the heater on for a little while this morning, but that's because City Hall is cooler than the outside temperature! This has been a LONG time coming, fellow Kentuckians....amirite?

2. My mom took the sweetest, simplest picture. It makes me smile!


3. Does this mean I should start eating Krispy Kreme more often? I THINK IT DOES.


4. This is the best and most useful list. My favorite is no. 31! (You may recognize it from a recent #100HappyDays instagram post)

5. I will be selling cards at Art in the Alley in Downtown Greensburg on May 17th. More about that later!!!

Have a Fantastically Good Friday, a Super Saturday, and an Extraordinary Easter! (Morale may be down but cheese-factor is UP.)

No comments:

Post a Comment