Pages

Friday, February 7, 2014

I thought all week...still no title.



Happy February: The month of love. This month I am celebrating birthdays of best friends, a little day called Valentine's Day, and a wedding I will be documenting on my 2/21 blog post. Good things happening this month!

February is also the month I begin fundraising for The Children's Miracle Network. For the past two years, I have raised money for CMN through my participation in the Miss Kentucky Organization. In 2014 I have raised $100.00 but need $300.00 more to meet my goal of $400.00.

I have gone about fundraising the same way in years past, and, I'll admit: I haven't quite put my heart into it. No one likes to ask for money, even if it is for a good cause! In order to alleviate some of my reservations about fundraising in the usual way, I am doing something a little different this year.

Instead of simply asking for money, I want to give something tangible to each person who donates. This can be viewed as a purchase, a gift, a reward, or a symbol of your donation. However you want to look at it, it's all for the kids!

First, I wanted to create art. But that is a very, very daunting, time-consuming, and risky task.

No worries, though...it all fell together with a doodle.
very blurry picture of said doodle
I drew these flowers while watching a UK game on the couch. When I had completed the drawing, I looked at it and thought "this looks like a thank you note I would want to buy." And that's where it started.

My mom has always taught me how important it is to write thank you notes. Why it took me so long to truly understand the reward in receiving a small note of thanks, I'm not sure. But since the day it finally "clicked," I have kept a drawer full of thank you notes and make it a point to write at least one each week.

My original idea was to create a line of one-of-a-kind, original, hand-made thank you notes. I so enjoy purchasing, sending, and receiving cards that are unique, personalized, or have been touched by someone's own pen or paintbrush. There's nothing more special than that.

But, because I had a flood of ideas hit me all at once, I am going to make holiday, birthday, encouragement, sympathy, and "just because" cards as well.

I began working on my templates last week. It has been a slow and frustrating process because I want them to look perfect. But, I'm going to have to get past that because only computers can produce perfection....and computers are what I am working against.




This canvas holds the design for a greeting card, but I will be selling canvases like this in all color schemes and with personalized  texts



As it stands right now, I have 3 designs ready to take to print. As soon as they are ready to go, I will have them available for sale, with more to follow. I will most certainly keep you updated on prices, number of cards per pack, and where they can be purchased. However, one thing is certain: 100% of proceeds will go to benefit CHILDREN'S MIRACLE NETWORK.

Okay, I gotta get to work!! Can't wait to see y'all next Friday, Valentine's Day! Have a wonderful week, friends. Oh, and because this is the month of love, I LOVE YOU ALL.

No comments:

Post a Comment