Pages

Friday, January 31, 2014

KENTUCKY, Y'ALL.

Happy Friday!!! It's been a trying week, but I made it. 

First things first: for all of you that follow kileyinkentucky....THANK YOU. You truly keep me going. This blog is quickly becoming my happy place and I'm thankful for the 1000~ of you who keep coming back each week. 

Now, for all the negative that has been presented to me in 2014, a couple of wonderful things (big and little) have happened. 

One of them I am saving for next week. 

Two of them, I will talk about today:
1) A happy surprise that arrived on my doorstep
2) The amazing finished product of something I have anticipated for months

Let's begin.

KENTUCKYFORKENTUCKY


As you have seen or heard previously, I am a huge supporter of "KentuckyforKentucky." If you want to know more about them, visit their website here. Take a look at their videos, but especially peruse their merchandise. They sell one-of-a-kind, original designs in t-shirts, prints, bumper stickers, post-cards, greeting cards, and much more!
I contacted KYforKY when I started kileyinkentucky to express my admiration for their brand and to tell them how excited I was/am to become an advocate for small-town Kentucky.
Hannah LeGris, your response was so encouraging and for that alone, I give 1 million thank yous!
But then you went above and beyond and sent me some free stuff. Encouragement is great, but you can't argue with free stuff. 

These awesome bumper stickers haven't made it to my car yet because I don't know what my Mamaw would think!


Love these postcards. But will probably keep them to myself ;)

Kentucky for Kentucky
Last but not least, one of their most popular items...the "Y'ALL" shirt. Here I am, modeling it in a warehouse on my lunchbreak ;-) (time-management at it's finest)

My gratitude for you is endless, KentuckyforKentucky! Y'all kick ass! (Sorry, Mamaw)


"THE SONGS WE USED TO SING"

A really cool thing happened last November. I was asked to be a part of a music video. What you may not know about Greensburg is that this place is music video GOLD. We have beautiful, untouched countryside, a cute down-town, and countless helping hands ready to volunteer their whole weekend free of charge. Blake Judd, of JuddFilms, is a Greensburg native and has relied on his hometown for many country music videos. Todd Tue, of Milk Productions, isn't from Greensburg, but I'm going to make him an honorary citizen....because this video truly showcases how breathtaking our little Kentucky town is.

"The Songs We Used To Sing," by Possessed by Paul James, is an Country/Folk/Americana song that was perfect for the location.

I am not going to give away ALL the secrets because I don't want to take away from the storyline. But, every person in this video is from Greensburg or Campbellsville. In addition to that, the hair and makeup artist, choreographer, and some of the volunteer staff are from Greensburg as well. If that wasn't enough---some very kind Greensburg-ians donated their cabin, their home, and cooked a feast for everyone on set. It was an amazing experience and I am infinitely proud of the final product. 

Oh, and meet my boyfriend, Daniel. 

He came home early from NYC (where he is an actual actor!) to be my music-video boyfriend.
Also, because we used my car to film, and because I love both the photo and memory, these two items are still hanging on my visor.

The song debuted on CMT, YouTube, and VH1 yesterday!
Click here to view the video through CMTedge.com!

Happy viewing.....see you next Friday!


1 comment:

  1. Kiley, that's so awesome! I love the video. You look so pretty in it. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete