Pages

Friday, August 8, 2014

Poached Eggs / Life

This morning I wanted poached eggs and toast for breakfast. I'm not sure if this goes for everyone, but poaching eggs is kind of stressful. The first time I did it was, well, a negative experience. The whole time I was afraid the water wasn't "gently simmering," my water-swirly-thing wasn't whirly enough, and I left the eggs in too long, producing a yolk the consistency of a bouncy ball.

But, the more I practiced, the better I got. This morning, when I wanted two poached eggs, I didn't stress about it, I just did it. And my breakfast was delicious, because it was just what I wanted.

It's such a little thing, but the little things sometimes get you to thinkin' about the big things.

And right now, like everyone else on the planet, I'm dealing with the biggest thing: my future.

I'm in a weird place right now--kind of an understatement, but whatever. Should I go to grad school? Should I start my own business? But, what do I go to school for? Will I be happy? Starting a business is so risky. Where will I be in 5 years? In five weeks? In five hours? 

I have lots of dreams and lots of goals, and a bucket list ten-miles long. How can I have a secure, successful life while doing what I love? This is the big question, playing in my mind 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

So, I am coming up with my own answer.

I wanted a delicious breakfast, so I made one.

I want a delicious life. So I'll make one.

YES, YES, I know it won't be easy.

Even though my future is so completely up in the air right now, I know the best things in my life haven't yet happened. The best thing I've ever done, probably (hopefully) hasn't happened. YET.

I'm going to keep pushing, keep creating, keep learning, and keep moving forward. Along the way, the answers will reveal themselves. Right? Please tell me I'm right.

Either way, now I want a donut. If I want it that bad, I guess I can always make one.

3 comments:

  1. Kiley I love this post! I ask myself similar questions all the time (and I've been to grad school & picked a full-time job, a part-time job, I started a blog and I moved to another state). Still the questions present themselves and usually I just pray things will fall into place the way they are supposed to. On a side note: I do make donuts! One can of original grands biscuits, cut the centers out with a milk lid (use the centers to make donut holes). Then heat vegetable oil to 350 degrees. Place biscuit into oil (25ish seconds on each side)...Viola! Donut! then you can use powdered suger, butter and vanilla to make your own glaze. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I love today's Fancy Friday post as well :) And thanks for the donut recipe--it sounds super simple and delicious! If only life were that easy! haha

      Delete
  2. Hi Kiley. You ask "How can I have a secure, successful life while doing what I love?". I am a firm believer that that is the only way one can truly have a secure successful life. A successful life can never be measured by the tangible (i.e money), but only by the intangible. Whatever your passion is, do that, and then you'll feel like the richest person in the universe.

    ReplyDelete